Vehicle Owner Information
The 2020 Festival of Transport is gearing up and will be zooming along to Barrow Town Centre on Saturday 11th July. The show itself will start at 10am with vehicles arriving from 9.00am and will end with a procession around the town centre at 4.00pm.
The information below is for vehicle owners to ensure that you know where to go on the day of the event.
- Cars will be located on Dalton Rd and will have multiple entry point, which will be listed on this page two weeks prior to the event.
- Marshals will be in place at all entrances to the event area to help you locate your vehicle.
- A 5mph speed limit will be in force for all vehicle movements throughout the day and marshals will assist with locating your vehicle in the morning and manoeuvring it for the procession start. Please be aware that most of the town centre streets are a pedestrian area.
- No vehicle movements will be permitted for the duration of the event. If for any reason you need to move your vehicle, please contact the lead marshal in your area.
- Park vehicles where you are instructed to by the events team and stay by your vehicle until 10am in case movement is required.
- After 10am or once your vehicle is in location, engines should be switched off and vehicle owners should remain in the town centre in case their vehicle requires moving due to an emergency.
- There will be a registration and information point located in the centre of Dalton Road, at the junction to Portland Walk by the statue. Once you have parked your vehicle, please collect your exhibitor pack from the registration point which will include your refreshment voucher.
- The refreshment vouchers contained within your exhibitor pack is for a specified town centre cafe. These vouchers can only be used on the day of the event and the event organisers are unable to swap these.
- The closing procession is at 4pm and vehicles will start to be moved up Dalton Road to Greengate Street from 3.45pm. Please do not move your vehicle until instructed to do so by an event marshal.
- A map of the procession route can be viewed here and will also be included within your exhibitor pack…
Vehicle Owner Staging Areas and Entry Points 2020
Two weeks prior to the event, all registered vehicle owners will be listed below with a time and place to arrive and enter into the town centre pedestrianised event area.